Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ok so I thought that since I have such a hard time keeping in touch with family and friends that maybe this blogging thing might help. I'm still not too sure about it though, but hey I'll give it a whirl. My cousins actually inspired me with this since they are out of state and that is one way they can keep everyone updated with pics and news. So here it goes-I hope I can keep up with it and keep everyone updated!

I am trying to get the hang of how to use this blog page. I will try to get some pics and stuff like that up as soon as I can figure it out. So for those of you that may be reading-here is an update on our family.

Madison is growing up so fast! She will be turning 2 is just a couple of weeks. Adjusting to motherhood has been a life changing experience for me. I am not going to lie and say it has been the most joyous and peaceful part of my life. It has been hard-Madison was born colicy(not sure of the spelling??) so from the moment she came into this world she cried . . .and I don't mean normal I'm hungry or hey! change my diaper! I mean non stop crying all day and all night. I have sprouted about 50 gray hairs because of this part of my life. Now please don't take this the wrong way. . .I know that I am truly blessed to have a healthy baby girl, but I thought I was seriously a step away from going crazy. The only things that kept me grounded were my wonderful husband and family that helped me through it all. Ryan is so good with Madison it is just amazing. Even after hours of crying and no sleep he would still have enough love and patience for both the baby and for me. If it wasn't for him I really don't know where I would be. Well I would say it took about 6 months of the colic before Madison finally started to outgrow it. It was then that we started to get sleep and started to enjoy parenthood. It was definately a trying time on both of our parts, but it taught us lessons in patience and love.

Now we are planning Madison's second birthday party. A Tinkerbell party to be exact. I can't believe how much she has grown and how smart she is! She is talking so well, singing some of her favorite songs, and even knows some colors and some of her alphabet. Ryan says she is going to sing on the Grand Ole Opry one day . . . Well lets just hope she can sing like her daddy and not her mommy. She is definately a daddy's girl. When Ryan is around its buh bye Mommy hello daddy daddy daddy. I am glad though . . he is such good dad I couldn't ask for anything more. She loves riding on the tractor with him, going to see the cows and dogs on the farm, watching Dora and Diego, being outside, anything that involves water, and last but not lease her blankie. (She gets that honest-I still have mine-that's pretty bad huh?). We have mastered the big girl bed, eating with utensils, and drinking out of a big girl cup. Now if we can just get this potty training stuff down . . . .

We also have a couple of new additions to the family. The first was a boat. I grew up around the water and my parents always have a boat for as long as I can remember. Ryan had just sold his boat right before we started dating so he could get his tractor for clearing and construction with the house. So, we decided to go for it and purchased a 21ft. bowrider. We have had a lot of fun on it this summer and I hope to get some pictures up of all of us on it.

The second addition is Zuess a 13 week old shihtzu. He was originally supposed to be a birthday present for Madison but of course she is way too little to take care of a puppy. So he is the little goofball in the house zipping back and forth while MAdison chases after him. He is my little snuggle buddy. And don't let Ryan fool you-he likes him too. I will catch the two of them cuddling next to each other on the couch or wrestling on the floor. It's funny seeing such a manly man carrying around a little puff ball dog.

Hope to get some pics up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment