Monday, October 19, 2009

A little about me

I have always had a bit of a hard time finding myself.  Growing up I had very little self confidence and struggled with appearance issues.  Middle school was the worst and I struggled through some hard times which ultimately landed me in the hospital.  To be honest-I can only remember bits and pieces of that time in my life, which I am grateful for.  I think your mind pushes the not so good things to the outermose parts of your memory.  I have always wanted to be comfortable in my own skin and love who I am.  Now that I am married and I have my own little girl-I have become much more comfortable with who I am and what I have become. I do not want my daughter to go through what I did. I hope she will grow up with the self confidence and self worth that will guide her through every step of life. 
That being said I thought it would be fun just to express who I am and what I like so here we go:

I love the beach-even if I move from the shore I better be by some water it puts me in a good mood!!

I have found a passion for makeup. I love everything about it. I'm not talking fake piled on stuff. It amazes me how the right products and colors can transform not only a woman's look but her confidence as well.

I love to dress a little differently.  Even though most of the time I don't mainly because of the fact that I get made fun of.  I love all the trendy looks . . .leggings. . .booties . . . .vests . . . .mismatched everything . . LOVE animal prints.  It is hard to dress that way round these parts though. Everyone is a little -well lets say redneck. Leopard and sparkles don't exactly rule the fashion world on the Eastern shore.

I am a coffee/chai tea addict. I WILL NOT and DO NOT leave the house withough at least 2 cups of coffee in me.  I know its not the healthiest thing for me but you don't want to see me without it -trust me!

I always wanted to learn how to barrel race.  Sounds a little off the wall but I always loved riding and always dreamed of doing it.

I will learn how to surf one day. Who knows when though

I don't like expensive jewelry.  I will most likely lose it or MAdison will break it.

I am notoriously disorganized.  I am trying to change this though-an organized life is a happy life right?

I love to travel. Mostly to exotic tropical places.  I love the warmth-the beach-fruity drinks with little umbrellas in them. ahhhhh. . . .I am on a beach right now.  Not really just daydreaming!!

Well those are just a few things about little ole' me.  I'm sure I will be back with more.  Hopefully I will get more pics of our little angel soon!

1 comment:

  1. I will always know you as the horse-loving, beach-obsessed, honest, say-what-you-feel, athletic, beautiful cousin whom I look up to and love. Love ya girl! :)

    ReplyDelete